What’s not to love about Italy? It is easily one of the most fascinating countries in Europe to study abroad. Its colorful culture, famous cuisine, charming language, rich history, breathtaking landscapes, and extraordinary architecture attract students from all over the world to study and explore this marvelous country.
Because of its geographical position, Italy has direct contacts with the main ethnic and cultural areas of old Europe (neo-Latin, Germanic, and Slav-Balkan areas) as well as, through North-African countries, with the world of Arab- Islamic civilization. Consequently, while still anchored in the European and Western civilization, Italy can be considered a natural link to those African and Asian countries which, bordering as they do on the same Mediterranean Sea, have shared historical events and cultural influences over many centuries. Study abroad for a semester or year in Italy and experience this fascinating country for yourself!
Top Reasons to Study Abroad in Italy through GlobaLinks Learning Abroad, formerly known as EuroLearn
- Italians are revered for their warm, welcoming personalities. The national passion for good food and good conversation in Italy is legendary.
- Italy’s culture is deeply rooted in ancient Greek and Roman civilizations and traditions. This heritage is evident today in the art, legal system, and many traditions in Italian society.
- Fashion and appearance are a matter of personal pride in Italy for both men and women.
- When you study abroad in Italy you can experience the 60% of the world’s art heritage that is located there.
- Italy consistently ranks among the top three destinations of study abroad programs.
Check out some pictures of Italy
Video Blogger Angela Massino shares her experiences as she studies abroad in Milan, Italy :
Scroll through the playlist to watch more videos of Angela's adventures abroad!